What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features.
What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies does YILIAN use on the Sites?
|Type||Description||Who serves the cookies||How to control them|
|Advertising||These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our Sites and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our Service and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.||Google Facebook||See ‘your choices’ below.|
|Analytics||These cookies help us understand how our Service is performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.||Google Analytics||Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.See ‘your choices’ below.|
|Essential||These cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our Service (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).||Google Tag Manager||See ‘your choices’ below.|
In addition to cookies, our Sites may use other technologies, such as pixel tags to collect information automatically.
We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Like many companies online, we use services provided by Google, Facebook and others companies that use tracking technology. Your choices for opting out of these companies’ use of your personal information for interest-based advertising include:
● Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
● Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
● Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
● Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
○ Google: https://adssettings.google.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
● Advertising industry opt-out tools. Some of our business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Sites or Apps may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising. You can use the following opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
○ Digital Advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info
○ Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
○ European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly titled link).
○ Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.